Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
On 10.10.2007 4:45 Uhr, Leszek Gawron wrote:

2. Look at SitemapModelComponent:

void setup(SourceResolver resolver, Map objectModel, String src, Parameters par) throws ProcessingException, SAXException, IOException;
}

It looks like we could drop the source resolver and objectModel. Both can be injected and AFAIU both are properly scoped with some custom scope of ours.

But that's an interface and the method is probably called by the pipeline. You still have to support both Avalon and Spring and need at least a migration path in the pipeline.

Of course not now but that is just a pointer that spring invalidates somehow this interface.

May be a bit of RT, but would it be possible to replace this interface with pipeline scope and injection of parameters. Resolver and object model already can be injected, IIUC. Same could be extended to source and parameters. WDYT?

This is exactly what I indicated. There is a little problem with this though. Currently SitemapModelComponent.setup() apart from setting component context is also able to perform some logic (like in JXTG resolving and parsing jx template). If there is no such method this code would have to be moved to generate() which may introduce unknown side effects.

We could have empty setup() method for components in this scope. WDYT?

That would be fine. We probably should discuss other interface changes first and then do the springification in whiteboard for cleaner contract. Is the sitemap scope ready?

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.