Joerg Heinicke pisze:

>> I was hit another time by this issue. Are there any news on this? Or
>> do you have any clue what may
>> have caused the change of how documents are parsed and why it seems to
>> be only a problem for test cases?
>
> I can imagine two possible reasons:
> 1. Different class path settings so that a different parser library is
> used, maybe endorsed libs stuff.
> 2. Options on the DocumentBuilderFactory or the SAXParserFactory.

I just checked this issue more carefully and here are my findings:
1. The FlowJXPathSlectionListTestCase has been broken a long time before
Giacomo started his work on
Springification of Forms. It was not failing because it was simply excluded
from a build process.
2. I checked DOM spec. and it says[1] something contrary to what you have said
earlier:
As far as the DOM is concerned, special attributes used for declaring XML
namespaces are still
exposed and can be manipulated just like any other attribute.
3. My gut feeling is that we are affected by XALANJ-2091[2] bug. I'll try to
verify my feelings
tomorrow.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#Namespaces-Considerations