Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
Hi guys,

I've been rather inactive these days mainly busy with personal affairs but also with Cocoon 2.2 demo application coding. The thing is hosted on github, project called cocoon-blog[1].

The project status should be considered as highly unstable. There is quite a lot of interesting functionality already implemented like DAOs in JS, jDBI (2.0.x) integration, configuration of HSQL, dirtylicious theme, etc. but all these pieces are not integrated with each other yet.

At the moment, I'm facing some annoying problem that effectively stops me from developing further given my (very) limited resources these days. The problem is with debugging blocks in Eclipse. I'm using run-jetty-run plugin[2] for running blocks inside Eclipse.

In the past this technique worked very well together with eclipse:eclipse plug-in that allowed me to import block into Eclipse's workspace. Normally, following steps should work: (assuming run-jetty-run is installed):
1. Go to block (e.g. dirtylicious-theme)
2. Run mvn clean cocoon:prepare
2. Run mvn eclipse:eclipse
3. Import block into workspace
4. Create Debug configuration of "Jetty Webapp" type. As webapp dir property value set "target/rcl/webapp".
5. Run debugging of block.

As I said, this worked very well in the past but for some unknown reason I'm facing lots of classpath issues. The latest is: Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/excalibur/source/SourceValidity

I've checked dirtylicious-theme block imported to Eclipse and there is no sourceresolve dependency created by eclipse:eclipse but dependency:list shows it.

I would like to ask other folks for a help with confirming if it's a common problem and maybe finding some solution to this problem. Of course, I could figure out all missing dependencies and add them by hand but we use Maven for some reason, do we?

So go to http://github.com/gkossakowski/cocoon-blog/tree/master, click on Download button and test my steps please. I will be very grateful for any feedback.

I forgot to add that in order to compile cocoon-blog you need to have a build of up-to-date Cocoon trunk. See this README for more details:
http://github.com/gkossakowski/cocoon-blog/tree/master/README

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski