On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 23:52 +0200, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Are you sure that having these files listed in Eclipse is enough reason to
> move them? Personally
> speaking, I'm not so keen on this idea even if using Eclipse.

I found it very annoying that part of the files, especially the root and
parent pom.xml, where not visible in Eclipse.  (Do other IDEs do it
better?)

> I think you should at least inform others that you are going to do such
> changes so others could have
> a chance to comment on idea. They are really far from being cosmetic.

Sure, the implications may be more drastic than imagined first.  If it
is a problem, the changes are easy to revert.

> By the way, is there any reason for telling people to use *.sh scripts
> instead of Maven directly?

I find that easier to explain than all the MAVEN_OPTS magic required
when using mvn directly.

Cheers, Alfred.