On 11/26/08, Sylvain Wallez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Looking at our website, I think we have forgotten what forms our community:
> "Apache Cocoon is a Spring-based framework (since version 2.2 of Cocoon)
> built around the concepts of separation of concerns and component-based
> development. Cocoon implements these concepts around the notion of component
> pipelines, each component on the pipeline specializing on a particular
> operation."
>
>  Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net

Seems the project definition does not fit the typical first use.  My
definition is:

Cocoon allows easy manipulation of XML using pipes defined in XML:
generate/aggregate - load content
transform - modify content using XSL.
serialize - deliver in a variety of formats.

This allows non-programmers to be productive writing simple XML-based
applications.  Everything else is for extensibility.  The many blocks,
Java programming, Spring architecture, etc. allow complete control and
the addition of almost any functionality, but the primary reason to
use Cocoon is for easy manipulation of XML.

Whether XML is no longer the current fad should not be relevant.
Cocoon is an XML processing platform built on Java.  Change this
statement, and the result would no longer be Cocoon.  This does not
imply that any architecture improvements are unimportant, just that
the primary purpose must be honored.  Some suggestions (e.g. changing
the programming language) should require creating a new project.

solprovider