Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Reinhard Pötz<reinh...@apache.org> wrote:
Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Simone Gianni<simo...@apache.org> wrote:
Just one quick comment for now (I'll get back to you with more thoughts
at the weekend but the discussions already goes into the right direction
IMHO):
Does this still work if you have thousands or tens of thousands cache
entries?

In this case it'll cost some CPU time and user patience to find elemnt
that he is actually looking for, but right now I don't have anny other
ideas ...

I was thinking the same when writing about the "burst" operations, that will narrow down the list based on user input, making it possible to work on a subset. IMHO there should not be a complete list service, or it should report something like 100 entries and then state that there are x-thousands more.

Simone

--
Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
http://www.simonegianni.it/