Hi all,
taking a look at [1], it seems that the only issue currently blocking the alpha-3 release of Cocoon 3 is COCOON3-58 [2]. Actually, that issue has been already fixed by Simone Tripodi (look at the patch attached to the ticket); there are, though, still some doubts about copyright issues [3]. In my opinion - as already expressed there - if the "possible TM issue" is limited to regexp patterns, I don't think there could be anything to claim about.

Having said that, and taking into account the need that still seems to be around of having a stable Cocoon 3 release as soon as possible, what do you think if we close COCOON3-58 and do a fresh alpha-3 release?

Moreover, only 8 issues (including the above-mentioned COCOON3-58) are still open [4], so we could catch the chance to try to fix them and do a clamorous beta release! What do you think about this?

Cheers.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3/fixforversion/12314181
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-58
[3] http://old.nabble.com/Plural-Stemmer-Inflactor---part-2-td31302099.html