> Hi Gabriel,
> I do run actually few Cocoon instances in production, but that's
> 3.0.0(-beta-1-SNAPSHOT...). I used to run Cocoon 2.1.X as well.
>
> Unfortunately, I am not very confident with 2.2, but if you would like to
> provide some patches against Spring Configurator [1] or any other component
> to bring them to latest Spring version, I would be happy to review and
> handle your contribution(s).
>
> Please be sure to review our contribution docs[2].

I am successfully running spring 4.0.6 with cocoon 2.2 in production.

I had to patch:
- cocoon-pipeline-impl
- cocoon-servlet-service-impl
- cocoon-sitemap-impl

anything higher in spring version fails. I do not recall the actual
problems but they were deep in cocoon internals and I was unable to debug
it properly.

I have not been commiting those to cocoon repo as I have too little
knowledge how these changes might affect cocoon overall. I could create a
branch and commit my changes for someone more experienced than me.

WDYT?