Hi!
> I think we should leave it upto the scheme to decide. So http may
> decide to pass it to the server, while ftp may decide to use it to
> talk to the server. i.e. each implementation will know the options
> they understand, enforce them and pass any remainder to the server.
> How does that sound?
It sounds complicated ... :-(

We have to parse all the url parameters and use a special naming scheme
to avoid naming clashes,no?
I am not convinced that this is a good idea - you have to deal with all
the url encoding stuff etc.. maybe even with the charset - which is also
a FileSystemOption for some filesystems.

Ciao,
Mario