Afaiu, the main reluctance is that no one has stepped up and started
organizing it.

I seem to recall there being a strong view that we didn't want
Collections to be glossy painted with 1.5, but that whole APIs should
be rethought as they contained workarounds to the lack of generics.

+1 on pulling together the information into one place.

Hen