I have created a JIRA ticket for the changes to the commons-parent pom
to add the bundle plugin:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMMONSSITE-23

I have also tested out the plugin by generating the jars/manifest for
all but three components:
  http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons-osgi/

I'll leave the ticket open for a few days - but unless there are
objections/issues raised I plan to apply the changes to
commons-parent.

Niall