On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:46 PM, James Carman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  If people feel that [expression] isn't the right name for what I've
>  come up with, I don't really care (as I said, what's in a name).  But,
>  the idea of an expression just fit in my mind.  I'll try to come up
>  with something else if you're really that opposed to me using the name
>  "expression".  The term "macro" came to mind when I was thinking about
>  a name for this thing, since the builders are essentially recording
>  something from the user (on a proxy) that will later be played back
>  (on some other object).

Other words that convey a similar idea:

variable - the "expression" is really a variable (a value that can be
modified or retrieved).
value - the "expression" represents a settable/gettable "value"
shortcut - the "expression" is a shortcut for calling a (potentially)
chained series of method calls
flatten - the "expression" flattens the chained series of method calls