Hi Martin!
> Just wondering, how would a client of VFS enumerate
> Just the folders in a directory e.g. in order to
> Render a tree of files?

As today. Disabling the file-type determination should be optional only
and isn't something I'd change during the first development iteration.

The difference to today is that VFS will allow you to try to enumerate
even on files where it thinks it is a file or virtual. And only if the
underlaying library throws an exception the operation will fail.
What I'd like to open up is just to ignore what VFS thinks about a file
and try to read it anyway. This should make it possible to also deal
with special files and also hidden files which will look like a virtual
file for VFS - and make VFS unable to handle them today.

On filesystem level than (through our FileSystemOptions) it might be
interesting to allow to disable the file-type determination at all which
will make ftp access a lot faster, even if some file informations are
missing then. But polling a ftp directory for new files will be as fast
as when using plain ftp then.

Ciao,
Mario