Hi!

Since it is not that easy to get in touch with a jdk 1.3 (or I tried not hard enough ;-) ) I'd like to ask if everyone is fine to start VFS 2 with jdk1.5?

As long as no other development need requires it to enhance the VFS 2 api I do not plan to introduce generics yet (I don't see that many places for this in VFS), though sticking with jdk 1.3 seems uncool, no? ;-)

Seriously, it should really be the right time to leave jdk 1.3 behind.
Since the API might not drastically change it should not be required to rename the package to vfs5 or vfs2 or whatever.

If required, JDK 1.4 will do the trick too, though, this is EOL with October 2008 too.

[ ] Go on with JDK 1.5
[ ] Go on with JDK 1.4
[ ] Stick with JDK 1.3 for the following reason:

Ciao,
Mario