Hi

 A higher level API to manipulate the archives would be nice, but I believe
> an initial release could be made with just the stream classes.

Hm ...indeed. But IMO the changeset stuff is where it actually gets
> interesting :)

changeset is great :-) however an initial release with the stream classes
could also help VFS a bit. And one could get rid of GIT which drives me nuts
sometimes :-)

>  - what is missing to complete the API ? The implementation of the changes
>> package ? Or did you plan anything else ?
>>

> Mostly changeset support and cleaning up. Especially the testcases need
> some more love.

I have a bit time for cleaning up after my holidays. It would be nice to
move on with compress :-)

Best,
Chris