Paul Cager a écrit :

By the way, are we all agreed that the "-D" type of option should be "hasArg" rather than "hasArgs"? I.e. each "-D" option takes only a single argument, although you can, of course, have multiple "-D" options. I think that is the intention of Emmanuel's patch and is consistent with 1.0 behaviour.

The reasoning is that an Option describes how each occurrence of the option should look on the command line.

However I believe the fix has broken "withValueSeparator", which now seems to work only if the option is "hasArgs" (if it is "hasArg" then the argument isn't broken on the separator). Changing hasArgs() to hasArg() in ApplicationTest.java demonstrates this problem

I checked ApplicationTest.testAnt() from the CLI 1.0 tag and the behavior is the same. The test works with hasArgs() but fails with hasArg().

I've got some spare time coming up in a few weeks, and would be happy to help. We use commons-cli 1.1 in Debian, and I'd like to see some of the problems fixed.

Your feedback is much appreciated!

Emmanuel Bourg