Hi,

I would like to add some documentation and code changes to the Pipeline project. I have worked with Kris Nuttycombe on the Pipeline software, and it is still actively used at the data center where I work. Since Kris has not been using the Pipeline code in his current work, he is working for a different organization, he recommended that I seek to become a commiter for the Pipeline code base. Reading through the participation information on the www.apache.org and incubator.apache.org websites, it's clear that normally a person will be a contributer for a while before becoming a committer.

I was thinking of submitting patches through the issue tracking system (JIRA), however I suspect there are not as many active committers for the Pipeline project as some of the others, so this channel for applying patches may not work as well as it normally would. If I don't hear suggestions to the contrary, I'll go ahead and start with patch submission via the Issue tracker.

You can preview the main documentation I'd like to add at https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/wiki/index.php?title=PipelineBasics

I know you have to accept a security exception to view this since our site is self-signed; and our sysadmins have other priorities for the foreseeable future.

-Ken

--
= Enterprise Data Services Division ===============
| CIRES, National Geophysical Data Center / NOAA  |