On 2009-02-11, Ingo Rockel <i...@grimmfrost.de> wrote:

> I fixed the second issue and reported it here:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-286

> Again, is this sufficient?

absolutely, yes.  Thanks.

A bit of history.  The BZip classes used to be part of Ant (well, they
still are) and for reasons I cannot recall the Ant task checks the
first two bytes of an input stream's signature itself, so the stream
never sees the first two bytes in that case.

Maybe it is possible to have several Huffman encoded blocks (the 'h'
marks Huffman encoding) inside a single stream and the original code
is able to encode them one after the other - and would now fail?

We should probably double check with some really big BZip2 compressed
files.

The output stream has the same bad signature problem, should be fixed
as well now.

Stefan