On Feb 23, 2009, at 12:18 AM, Mario Ivankovits wrote:

I've added maxConnectionsPerHost and
maxTotalConnections to HttpFileSystemConfigBuilder and also allowed
them to be specified as system properties.

You would make a lot of people happy (I think) if you implement this in a commons way, so that every FileSystemOption can also be specified using system properties. Or did you already? :-)

Something like -Dvfsopt.ftp.passiveMode=true

You can use the DelegatingFileSystemOptionsBuilder to help you here.

FileSystemOptions fso = new FileSystemOptions();
DelegatingFileSystemOptionsBuilder delegate = new DelegatingFileSystemOptionsBuilder(VFS.getManager()); delegate.setConfigString(fso, "sftp", "identities", "c:/tmp/ test.ident");
delegate.setConfigString(fso, "http", "proxyPort", "8080");
delegate.setConfigClass(fso, "sftp", "userinfo", TrustEveryoneUserInfo.class);

by iterating over the System properties, taking each vfsopt.* and split it so taht you can pass it to setConfigString.

This can do the trick.

Thanks. No, I hadn't done that but I will definitely give it a try!

Ralph