On 2009-02-21, Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Not sure there is a policy.

>> Thought so.

> Yep. Personally I add people when it's a new feature or notable
> enhancement, but not for bugfixes. Loosely speaking.

>>> I've usually added contributors only if it's more than just 1-2
>>> patches. Of course I name them in the commit.

This means my own gut feelings are in line with existing practice,
good 8-)

> The JIRA contribution report (sales pitch! :) ) can help here.

That sales pitch worked.  Can I see it in action anywhere?

>> Those statements really downplay the importance of very few
>> individuals to the original code.  I feel a bit uncomfortable hiding
>> their names behind "contributors of Ant".

> We should just sign everything "The Commons" :)

Well, maybe.  POMs encourage listing of individuals and in my
experience this can be a good thing - attracting new contributors.
Once you are a recognized part of "The Commons", seeing your name
becomes less important.

I'll let this issue (listing the original contributors of ant's code
to compress) sit for now.

Stefan