I fixed this. Please rebuild your VFS and give it another try.

Ralph

On Mar 25, 2009, at 2:19 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:

Ralph Goers schrieb:
On Mar 23, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:

Hey, this really looks interesting! Unfortunately, I am pretty busy ATM and will need some time to grasp the concepts.

However, I have now a build problem: Maven complains that it cannot find the vfs snapshot jar (see below). Do we need to add the snapshot repository to the pom?

Yeah. I'm not crazy about adding the snapshot repo to the pom. It would only need to be there until the next release. At the moment VFS hasn't been published to the SNAPSHOT repo. I've been doing a mvn install of VFS on my local box before working on configuration. But until VFS has a release I guess the only decent option is to put the snapshot repo in the pom and publish the VFS snapshot. BTW - I haven't tried publishing anything to the snapshot repo before. Should I expect to have the necessary karma to do that? Also, I still have to add doc to the user guide. Hopefully, once I do that it will be a little easier to understand.
Well, as a temporary solution we probably have to include the snapshot repository. Otherwise everybody who tries to build [configuration] from the sources will get a build error. I haven't published a jar to the snapshot repository either, so don't know about karma.

I have now installed the vfs snapshot in my local repository. Compiling works fine, but I get a test failure: testNewFileReloading (org.apache.commons.configuration.reloading.TestVFSFileMon
itorReloadingStrategy)

The following exception is thrown:
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: URI "D:\data\projects \OpenSource\commons-configuration\target" is not an absolute file name. at org .apache .commons .vfs .provider .local .WindowsFileNameParser .extractWindowsRootPrefix(WindowsFileNameParser.java:81) at org .apache .commons .vfs .provider .local .WindowsFileNameParser.extractRootPrefix(WindowsFileNameParser.java: 39) at org .apache .commons .vfs .provider .local.LocalFileNameParser.parseUri(LocalFileNameParser.java:78) at org .apache .commons .vfs .provider.AbstractFileProvider.parseUri(AbstractFileProvider.java:170) at org .apache .commons .vfs .impl .DefaultFileSystemManager.resolveURI(DefaultFileSystemManager.java: 802) at org .apache .commons.configuration.VFSFileSystem.getPath(VFSFileSystem.java:197) at org .apache .commons .configuration .reloading .VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy .init(VFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:135) at org .apache .commons .configuration .AbstractFileConfiguration .setReloadingStrategy(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:765) at org .apache .commons .configuration .reloading .TestVFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy .testNewFileReloading(TestVFSFileMonitorReloadingStrategy.java:111)
at org .eclipse .jdt .internal .junit .runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130) at org .eclipse .jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38) at org .eclipse .jdt .internal .junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460) at org .eclipse .jdt .internal .junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673) at org .eclipse .jdt .internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386) at org .eclipse .jdt .internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java: 196)

I suspect this is a Windows-specific issue.

Oliver