On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Henri Yandell wrote:
>> Go for it.
>>
>> Dave's an Apache committer nowadays, so get it going in the Sandbox,
>> give Dave some access and away you go :)
>
> +1
>
>> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Dave Meikle <loo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Robert,

>>> Not sure what others opinions are on this but I have projects that use the
>>> component and have been keeping them in check myself, so would be interested
>>> in this (see below).

>>> I had previously maven-ised this build for myself, for Maven 2, and never
>>> got round to doing this as creating a patch was nightmare (any advice on how
>>> to handle large patches with multiple deletes/moves/etc would be
>>> appreciated).
>>
>>> To take it a step further I tried to re-apply my changes against a fresh
>>> copy tonight and updated the headers and have uploaded the results to my
>>> public space on p.a.o (http://people.apache.org/~dmeikle/commons-resources/
>>> ).
>>>
>>> As I mentioned above, if we are up for ressurecting this I am happy to lend
>>> a hand.
>
> great :-)
>
> it sounds like henri has the right plan: let's get commons karma for
> dmei...@apache.org then you can just commit the changes. since you have
> those changes locally, i'll hold off until that arrives

Karma granted to commons-sandbox.

Which I realize doesn't cover commons/dormant, so I've changed that.
Sandbox karma lets you modify the dormant location (which should only
be to move things over into sandbox).

First step for resources - move to sandbox. Second step - change code.

Hen