On 31/05/2009, Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>
> > Just tried testing GKOP using Java 1.6:
> >
> > java version "1.6.0_13"
> > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03)
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
> >
> > and I got yet another different error:

> > Test set:
> org.apache.commons.pool.impl.TestGenericKeyedObjectPool

> > Tests run: 43, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> > 22.703 sec <<< FAILURE!
> >
> testEviction2(org.apache.commons.pool.impl.TestGenericKeyedObjectPool)
> >  Time elapsed: 1.203 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> > junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Should be less than
> 1000 idle, found 1000
> >        at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
> >        at
> junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
> >        at
> org.apache.commons.pool.impl.TestGenericKeyedObjectPool.testEviction2(TestGenericKeyedObjectPool.java:453)
> >
> > My system was probably quite busy at the time; I don't know if that is
> > relevant or not.
> >

>  This is almost certainly a timing / clock resolution issue.  Looks like the
> evictor did not kick off in time.

I've seen the same error on a quiet system twice now with Java 1.6.0

All the Thread.sleep() calls are enclosed in a try/catch block which
ignores InterruptedException, so I suppose it's possible that the test
did not wait as long as expected.

Since the sleep is an essential part of the test, perhaps the
try/catch blocks should be removed, so the test will fail if the sleep
fails?