On Jul 23, 2009, at 10:48 PM, Mario Ivankovits wrote:

Hi!

Modified:
commons/proper/configuration/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/ configur
ation/VFSFileSystem.java

-    private FileSystemOptions setHttpOptions(FileSystemOptions opts,
Map map)
+    private void setProperty(FileSystemConfigBuilder builder,
FileSystemOptions options,
+                             String key, Object value)
    {
-        setDefaultOptions(opts, map);
+ String methodName = "set" + key.substring(0,1).toUpperCase() +
key.substring(1);
+        Class[] paramTypes = new Class[2];
+        paramTypes[0] = FileSystemOptions.class;
+        paramTypes[1] = value.getClass();

Hmmm ... I am not quite sure of the rest of the code, but did you see the DelegatingFileSystemOptionsBuilder [1]?

It also sets the configuration using reflection based on just strings.

Frankly, I had forgotten all about it. To be honest (and I think I've said this before), the way the config builders work has always been my least favorite part of the code. I just took a look at the class and have two problems with it. 1) It is a lot more complicated than this simple piece of code and 2) it doesn't support passing arbitrary objects as parameter values.

Ralph