sebb a écrit :
The SVN variable $Date shows the date of last update. Unfortunately
this is expressed in local time, which makes comparing tags with
source archives a bit tedious.

Do we really need this variable?

I would have thought that $Revision was enough to identify the file.

Similarly, $HeadURL may vary:   http[s]://svn[.eu].apache.org/

I don't think it adds much value.

Thoughts?

Sometimes I look at the classes in SVN with my web browser, and I appreciate to be able to see immediately when the file was modified. Even if the time is not expressed in my timezone, the date is enough to tell if the file was modified recently, weeks, months or years ago.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Emmanuel Bourg