Henrib wrote:
> Thanks Phil.
> My first hurdle is the signing part which I'm just discovering and have yet
> to understand...
> And information is hard to find: the public_html directory is not the most
> documented thing you ought to know. What should be in there exactly ?

As Rahul pointed out, people.apache.org:/home/henrib/public_html is
essentially the doc root of the web site available at
http://people.apache.org/~henrib
so you put things there that you want to make publicly available.

> I'm sure glad there is help; there are a few project that are just going /
> went through that process (commons-exec for instance) . Is there anyone
> involved willing to share their successful publishing process ?

We definitely need to do that and it is on my todo list to document
the "manual" process that I follow.  Basically, we have two ways to
do releases now - using the maven release plugin (more or less
documented on the Wiki) and "manually" doing the tagging and file
movement via the command line. Personally, I prefer the command line
approach.  I will update the docs here:
http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html
once I complete the pool and dbcp releases that I am working on.

The link above includes links to info on how to set up a signing
key, which you need to do in either case (whether you have maven
generate the sigs or do it manually).  Also mentioned there are some
tools in /committers/tools for signing files in a directory and
verifying signatures.

Sorry the docs are not where they need to be.

Phil