From: "sebb" <seb...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:44 PM
To: "Commons Developers List" <dev@commons.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Daemon 1.0.2 based on RC2

On 24/02/2010, Bill Barker <billwbar...@verizon.net> wrote:

 From: "Mladen Turk" <mt...@apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:08 AM
 To: "Commons Developers List" <dev@commons.apache.org>

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_2_RC2/

> > -1 because:
> >
> > There are still some files without AL headers:
> >

> I won't add them because they are not needed.
> This is really getting to look like a nit-picking to me :(

 I agree with Mladen, the headers aren't needed in these files.  There is
zero creative content in any of these files (they are machine-generated).

Are you sure they are all machine-generated?
What application generates them?

The three Makefiles might be hand generated, and I can't be bothered to sift through the Tomcat archives to find out. I've added headers to them, but they should be considered for removal, since I can't see that you would get more than a partially functioning program if you used them. Of course, they build the deprecated Windows service wrapper, which should also be considered for removal at some point.

The files under the procrun directory are generated by Microsoft Developer Studio using the "Export Makefile" option. They are just a machine translation of the information in the corresponding .dsp file, provided to allow someone to build procrun if they only have the MS-SDK installed instead of the full Developer Studio. As such, they can't be copywrited, and would be impossible to maintain (since the header would get erased every time they are updated).

Note that I've not included the .rc files which have the heading:
//Microsoft Developer Studio generated resource script