I think it's important to have documentation that can be used offline.

This applies to the Javadoc which should be in Maven and in the binary jar.
If there is any additional user documentation it should ideally be
available in downloadable form as well.

For example, as is done with Commons Math - the binary archive
includes Javadoc and User docs.