2010/9/24 Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>:
> thanks a lot for your help!!! During the final phase of release I
> wasn't using profiles at all

You didn't, but unfortunately I discovered that commons-parent does. I
see this in commons-parent pom:

<plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
            <configuration>
              <!-- Pass these arguments to the deploy plugin. -->
              <arguments>-Prc</arguments>
            </configuration>
          </plugin>

This overrides the configuration in org.apache:apache:7

<plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.0-beta-9</version>
          <configuration>
            <useReleaseProfile>false</useReleaseProfile>
            <goals>deploy</goals>
            <arguments>-Papache-release</arguments>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>

IOW, the "rc" profile is activated instead of "apache-release" and it
deploys in people.a.o. I suggest to contact the commons-parent
maintainer to fix this and, as a temporary fix, run:
mvn release:perform -Darguments="-Papache-release"
Or try to modify the "release.properties" file (generated after you
ran release:prepare) to do this exact thing.
It should work this way.

Ciao
Antonio