On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Niall Pemberton
<niall.pember...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 to what Dennis says. Changing the artifactId doesn't accompilsh
> anything additional if the groupId is changing.

Other than keeping things consistent.  But, apparently folks around
here aren't as concerned with that as I am, because we have this
argument every time we bring this stuff up.  I keep saying "consistent
consistent" and other folks just say "it's up to the project to do
whatever they want" or "why do we have to do that" or "we can just
change the group id" or whatever.

Apache Commons should try to do things in a consistent fashion.  If
not, then why don't we just promote all subprojects to TLPs and be
done with it.  There's no reason for them to be under one umbrella.