Hi Seb,
thanks for your feedbacks. Please read my questions inline your comments

> The public StackObjectPoolConfig ctor repeats the settings available
> in the nested Builder.
> I'm not sure I see the point of having both. Or perhaps the ctor is
> supposed to be private?

I'm sorry but I didn't understand. Can you provide me a short sample
please? Many thanks in advance :P

> Also, I don't like the way the ctor resets the parameters if they are
> out of range, especially as this is not documented.

As user, I don't too, but I took inspiration from the old 1.5 code.
Take a look at http://s.apache.org/tS

> ==
>
> The StackObjectPool ctor calls the overridable method
> reconfigure(StackObjectPoolConfig) which is not safe when subclassing.
> Easily fixed by having a private method with the shared code.

I suppose the idea was to expose that method to allow users
reconfigure the pool just passing the whole configuration and not
setting the parameters one by one. So I suggest to make `final
synchronized` that method. Thoughts?

> Also, reconfigure() updates maxSleeping, but is not synchronized, so
> may not publish maxSleeping correctly.
>
> Similar considerations apply to the other classes.

Thanks a lot, have a nice day!
Simo