On Nov 5, 2010, at 9:36 AM, James Carman wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> As alternative: Can't we simply raise the minimum JDK level for VFS to 1.5
>> also?
>>

> +1!  Quit living in the past.  Of course, we then have to discuss the
> package name (and thus artifact id) change. :)

It seems we had that discussion before and agreed it was OK to jump to Java 5.
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@commons.apache.org/msg11705.html. I guess it
was never formally done.  I had planned on doing some refactoring that I quess
I never got around to.

Note that the minimum version for 1.0 was 1.3. Whoever started 2.0 changed the
minimum version to 1.4.

If package names change it will require a bit of work.  I'm not sure there is
anyone using 1.0. All the questions on the dev list have been for 2.0 for quite
some time.

Ralph