On 2011-03-04, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> On 2011-03-04, Jörg Schaible wrote:

>>> Since gump messages came in: vfs-1 will not be updated anyway ...

>> As in "vfs-1 is no longer under any kind of development"?

> Yes.

>> If so, we should probably remove it from Gump anyway.

> Could be interesting, since vfs-2 was generated quite before the first RC of
> what was vfs-1.x before.

I should probably clarify what I meant with "remove from Gump" and what
I intend to do (either today or over the weekend).

* Gump will no longer build commons-vfs(1).

* all mvn2 or mvn3 project that depend on vfs will get the version they
  specify (this only affects Cargo) from the Maven repository.

* for the Ant built projects that depend on vfs (Ivy, log4j-chainsaw and
  vfs2-sandbox) I'll make the 1.0 jar available.

Given that vfs2 comes with a different package name there wouldn't be
any point in trying to use vfs2 as a replacement for vfs1.

BTW, is it correct that vfs2 sandbox depends on vfs1 instead of vfs2?
The POM seems to say no but this is how it is set up in Gump (and it
uses Ant instead of mvn2 to build).  I don't really see how this could
ever build.

Stefan