Phil,

> Sorry to be blunt here, but it *is* up to the community to decide
> how we manage our source code.  We have established practices that
> we expect all committers to abide by.  These practices include
> separating commits.  You need to do that.  Thanks.

Yes, you are blunt, and patronizing.
Some things which contribute more to the overall quality of the project, you
don't care about (referring, namely, to my suggestions about having nicer,
more uniform comments) but you are being picky every time I dare to step,
slightly, out of the "community path" (which, it should be noted, does not
happen very often, considering the number of commits I did).

If the community is not statisfied with my contributions to CM, and people
think that I am more a burden than a help for the project, then maybe I
should stop contributing.