On 3/29/11 7:33 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
On Mar 29, 2011, at 7:24 PM, Stephen Williams wrote:
So, lesson learned: Don't use Maven!  ;-)
No, the other one: make copies of your code through multiple means until it is
completely safe.  I hadn't lost code (or any data through paranoid backups that
have survived about 20 hard drive failures over the years) for a long time.  It
will be a very long time before it happens again.

I have no idea what you did, but Maven won't delete your source code doing a mvn clean
install unless you've placed your source files under the "target" subdirectory.
 This could have just as easily been something Eclipse did to you as much as Maven. Maybe
you should stop using Eclipse then.

It was under 'src' at the project top... Using Eclipse, without Maven, before and after has always worked fine. I've never seen Eclipse delete source files automatically ever, other than when triggering that Maven build. Probably it was some obscure thing about the already-existing Maven environment or something. I couldn't explain it and didn't have extra time or energy to debug or duplicate. But that's what happened.

Ralph

sdw