>> -1 to banning @version, as it can be useful
>>

> Since $Id$ contains the user ID we I would an @version that contains the
> revision number.

-1 to that from me

This thread has quite a bikeshedding potential if people do not come
up with reason *why* they think particular things are useful. I for
one can say why I don't think it is useful...

I see two kind of people here: users and developers. Developers have
checked out the sources via svn and have easy access to the revision.
User only care about release numbers. While I have nothing against
having the release revision in the manifest, the revision in each and
every class files seems anything but useful to me. Lots of noise and
only very rarely useful to very few.

Less is more, people.