Hi Manuel,

I would suggest to set the dafult type to String beause thats exactly what i
was expacting. I would have provided a patch but i was not sure where to
implement it (either as a fallback in CommandLine.getParsedOptionValue or in
the Option constructor).

That's a good suggestion, could you file it in JIRA to keep track of it please? That should be trivial to change.

Another thing i noticed were the Unit tests. In many test cases only
PosixParser gets tested, but this class is marked as depracated and the
suggested replacement, DefaultParser, doesn't get testet.

Actually there is a DefaultParserTest class that covers the new DefaultParser.

Seing this i immediately thought of the new Junit 4.x features Theory and
Parametrized Test which i wanted to test some time ago. So i ported the
Tests to Junit 4.x (using Junit 4.8.2) and rewrote some of them using these
features.

If there is interest in these things i would apply this to all test and
provide a patch for it.
Using Junit 4.x woud also remove the dependency to the junit-addons package
because ArrayAssert.assertEquals could be replaced by assertArrayEquals.

That's a good idea, however since the old parsers are being phased out I don't think it's worth investing much time on improving their tests. Removing the dependency on junit-addons might be interesting, I'll give it a look.

Emmanuel Bourg