Hello Matthew,

What standard does this new encoder implement?

The best way to submit any code is as a patch including unit tests attached
to a new JIRA issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

and

http://commons.apache.org/patches.html

You'll have to create yourself a (free) JIRA account if you do not already
have one.

Here is our JIRA wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheJira

WRT to IP issues, all Apache code MUST be submitted under the Apache License
Version 2.0.

See:

http://www.apache.org/dev/#licenses

In particular, new Java files MUST start with the header:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/codec/trunk/LICENSE-header.txt?view=co

Gary

--
Thank you,