Hi,

I have looked into the old OgnlParser sources. My intention was to
detect the changes that have been made manually. If that would be
possible, I'd basically reapply those changes to ognl.jjt, or ognl.jj
and then would switch to a dynamically generated parser.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible for me to detect such changes.
For example, in the commit from 2008-01-25 22:17:10, I really cannot
distinguish between changes that are due to the parser upgrade and
other changes.

As a consequence, all I can offer is to change the build in a way that
the parser is now generated dynamically up to a point where the test
suite runs fine. However, that is obviously not a guarantee for
compatibilty. I can also offer further maintenance, if
incompatibilties are detected and if they can be fixed by changes in
the parser.

If we'd do that, I'd also like to move the parser and it's
accompanying files (almost everything in o.a.ognl) to a separate
package. IMO, we should clearly separate between public API and
implementation. Fortunately, the change of package and Maven id's is a
good opportunity for that.

WDYT?

Jochen

--
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Keynes)