Hi.

[This is related to issue MATH-622.]

Looking at the "CompositeFormat" and "RealVectorFormat", I notice an unusual
use of the "getInstance" method name. Unless I'm mistaken, "getInstance" is
most often used when the object stores a reference to a singleton. And in
those class, this does not seem to be the case: When I write
---
  RealVectorFormat.getInstance().getFormat().setMaximumFractionDigits(6);
---
the output is unaffected, the default being to display 2 fraction digits),
which is not suitable for debugging.

I think that there should be a way to modify at once all outputs formatted
through "CompositeFormat", i.e. an actual singleton instance of "NumberFormat"
that is used by all "default" formatting.

Do you agree? Any caveats?