2011/7/27 Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I just did a mvn release:prepare for Compress and it failed in the
> tagging stage.
>
> Since I live in Germany I access our EU svn mirror and the revision that
> I had created for the non-SNAPSHOT POM had not been replicated back to
> the mirror so it failed with "no such revision".  This is something I'm
> used to and it usually means "wait a few seconds and try again" - but I
> don't know how to "try again" in the middle of a failed release:prepare.

Note, that it is possible to use us mirror explicitly,  svn.us.apache.org

> So far I created the tag manually, changed the POM to 1.3-SNAPSHOT and
> started the further release process from a checked out copy of the tag.
> I.e. I basically switched to the "manual mode" of doing releases.
>
> Is there anything else the release plugin would have done?

I have never used this plugin, but its documentation [1] says, that
the next step is "Commit the modified POMs".

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/examples/prepare-release.html

[1] also says that "If an error occurs, or the process is cancelled,
then running this command again will pick up from where the last one
left off."

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko