I agree with sebb. I prefer an organization where everyone gets one
vote. This is obviously not the only way an organization can run, but
I like neither having a diminished or overwhelming power with my vote.
The best part of having only +1 is that you can't use your merit to
strong-arm decisions over anyone -- you have to build consensus using
reason. If you can't convince your team, the idea isn't worth doing no
matter how much more voting power you wish you had. I find this
especially equitable since there can be a split of people who do the
work (committers) and vote (PMC). There are some who commit only and
can't vote, others do commit and vote, and others who just vote. Being
on a PMC myself, I am happy my vote is equal to every one else on the
committee.