Hi, Elijah--

  I am neither a develop nor even a user of chain, so my comments will
be high-level.  Firstly, by all means upgrade to whatever JUnit 4
release version you like, e.g. 4.8.2.  Next, I personally am a big fan
of Mockito, so no complaints here on that account.  I can't guarantee
noone else would complain, but [chain] has been fairly unloved for a
good while.  As for JSF 2.1, is there something this achieves that
wouldn't be equally well accomplished by simply upgrading to 2.0?
This would give [chain]'s JSF support (which I personally hadn't
realized existed) a potentially better combination of
doing-things-that-couldn't-easily-be-done-with-older-APIs vs. broadest
possible applicability.

Finally, as you don't seem to be a committer your final submission in
this regard would be best recommended in the form of a JIRA issue, and
your patches in (albeit large) patch form.  In addition to this, the
scope of these changes indicates it best IMO that you submit an
Individual Contributor License Agreement governing your contributions
to the ASF.  See http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas for details on
how to do this.

Regards and welcome,
Matt