Final classes don't always play well with things like aspects and dependency
injection and other things that mangle bytecode or dynamically introduce
subclasses/proxies (I'm thinking SPRING). Perhaps this is not an issue here.

Should these classes be final? Taking the example of FoldLeft - are their
circumstances where it would make sense to sub-class FoldLeft? Can it even
be subclassed in a way that would produce something that behaved as a
FoldLeft but over-wrote these flagged methods?

Matthew