WRT LANG-744 "StringUtils throws java.security.AccessControlException on
Google App Engine"

Well, I've ruminated, pondered and experimented.

Running all unit tests with a security managers results in:

Clearly, we need a good overall solution to avoid 117 new Jiras (an
exaggeration I know.)

I've created a JAAS policy file to grant just enough permissions to run the
unit tests in {{src/test/resource/java.policy}}

The file contains instructions for using it with JAAS.

What this shows is that we should either:

# Run all unit tests a second time with JAAS enabled, or
# Run all unit tests with JAAS enabled, always

We should our solution as a pattern for other Commons component.

Specifically for StringUtils, should we have a SunStringUtils? This would
let you know that you are depending on com.sun code.

Thoughts?

--
Thank you,
Gary