Hi James!
ClassScan is a Mark Struberg's  proposal, I pinged him on Twitter and
replied they need to clean their code before moving to commons :)
Meiyo actually works with reflection, ClassScan instead reads the
bytecode via ASM - and it's faster.
Ideally we could replicate the same behavior in Meiyo... :P
Feel free to ping me if something in Meiyo is not clear, any
contribution would be really appreciated!
Have a nice day, all the best!!
Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi