On 2 December 2011 14:14, henrib <hen...@apache.org> wrote:
> Just a simple question to Sebb;
> Do you intend to pursue and release 2.1 or just leave it as is?

Yes, I would like 2.1 to be released.

Given that there appear to be some binary incompatibilies that cannot
be resolved without losing much recent work and bug fixes, I think it
might be an idea to discuss the remaining Clirr errors on the dev list
prior to creating another RC. No point cutting the RC if there is no
agreement that the incompatibilities are acceptable; also probably
easier to discuss as a separate issue from the formal vote.

There are a few loose ends to tie up - including incorporating your
Javadoc corrections - but I think it will then be ready for the Clirr
discussion.
I'm happy to take it to that stage, as I have already done most of
investigation and fixes (and they are mostly already in my workspace).

At that point, you or I or anyone else can act as RM for the next
round of formal voting.

Does that sound like a good plan to you?