Hi Claudio,
what a pleasant surprise! :) I was hoping commons-graph would have
caught the interest of researchers on that field, I'm really happy you
would like to contribute!

I agree with your observations, please fill new issues on JIRA[1] and
feel free to provide patches, I'll process them ASAP :)

Moreover, I start having the feeling the {{WeightedGraph}} is a
useless interface: it is enough marking the vertices/edges as weighted
depending on the problem... or not? At the end of the day,
{{WeightedGraph}} does nothing than having the the edges marked as
weighted, so Dijkstra signature changed as:

<V extends Vertex, WE extends WeightedEdge, G extends DirectedGraph<V,
WE>> WeightedPath<V, WE> findShortestPath( G graph,  V source, V
target )

still define well the input type, a graph wich relations are directed
edges and edges are weighted... WDYT?

Looking forward for your contributions, can't wait for them! :)
Simo

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi