Hi to All, and thanks for the welcome!
I amfairly newto the world ofjavawhilestillbeingan expert programmerin dealing withthe development offile-orientedapplications such ascobol for over20 years. therefore excuse me for lowknowledge I greatly appreciate Apache community work and his collaboraborative philosophy, and Here I am to submit my issues and proposals on regards to the question above. But let's go with that:

Scenarios of failure (according to thecasesthat I checkedand tested on Windows xp-sp3 platform: 0) Generally: Copying the same file name with different "Rooth PAth" (according with new java.nio Class implementation, which moreover in this cases doesn't come in aid) 1) Copyng for example the file c:\tmp\test.txt to x:\test.txt, having made a SUBST x: c:\tmp with cmd.exe 2) Same issue when the local folder c:\tmp has been shared via Windows share mechanism 3) Same if the Windows (or even Samba) share involve another computer in the LAN

The first,simplest, case demonstrates the problem and the limit in java libraries that, perhaphs due to my java's inexperience, have troubled me for weeks. At last I've found a solution which involves a lower level of dealing with a mix of RandomAccessFile and the new java.nio's GetChannel methods of treating a file stream.

But first I wanted to hear yours opinions and feedbacks if you ever have meet such problems and how have you solved tha question.

Good coding to all!