The new Charsets class in the utils package is not used by the code. I think it should be removed from the API. I'd would also argue that CharsetNames has not its place in [compress], I would rather stick to strings and rely on [io] or [lang] to provide an enumeration of useful constants.

Emmanuel Bourg